Engineering Analytics, Inc. (EA) provides technical design expertise for mining clients during permitting, operations, and closure phases. EA possesses particular expertise in integrating mineral deposit geology, environmental conditions, geologic structure, geochemical considerations, and hydrology into mine engineering designs. During the design process our engineers and scientists consider the entire mining life cycle to accelerate permitting, maximize operational efficiency, minimize environmental liabilities, and expedite closure.
As needed, our staff uses state-of-the-art computer models during the design process. Our staff is proficient with the following 2-D and 3-D analyses packages: Geo-Slope, SoilVision, RocScience, Flac, Flac3D, UDEC, 3DEC, MODFLOW, as well as other modeling packages that may be required to meet the project needs. EA’s design services include:
- Heap Leach Facilities – EA’s staff performs site and geotechnical investigations to determine the material properties and identify problematic areas. Our staff can provide the grading plan, liner design, collection piping layout, and stability analyses of the heap-leach pad. We use the existing site topography to facilitate collection of leachate, minimize capital costs, and speed the construction process.
- Pit Dewatering – EA’s hydrogeologists have extensive experience developing dewatering plans and determining the impact that the pit dewatering might have on the surrounding aquifer. The groundwater flow data developed for pit dewatering can be used to optimize the pit layout and determine water treatment requirements.
- Tailings Impoundments – Engineering Analytics works with our clients to determine the optimal placement and sizing of their waste storage facilities. As needed, our staff provides consulting services for expansion, tailings deposition, and operational issues.
- Open Pit Design – Pit slope angles are developed using probabilistic-based methods. This approach allows EA to consider the complete range of factors that influence slope performance. This design process often results in significant savings to the client by reducing stripping costs and improving the performance of movement sensitive structures.
- Soil and Rock Slope Stability – Engineering Analytics staff has extensive experience completing soil and rock slope stability analyses. When needed, our staff also installs slope movement monitoring devices to alert operators of movement and potentially unsafe conditions.
- Infrastructure – As part of the site design process our engineers provide recommendations for road grading, facilities layout, and foundation recommendations.
- Water Management – Our staff provides water balance and geochemical analyses to determine water needs and management for the site. EA’s staff also provides water supply analyses.
- Insurance Recovery Support – Our engineers provide due diligence investigations for new policies and policy renewals. We also provide investigations to support litigation claims. Our insurance recovery support services include environmental releases and slope and tailings dam failures.
- New Gold
- Augusta Resources/Rosemont Copper Company
- Alamos Gold
- Uranium One
- Energy Fuels Resources
- BHP Billiton
- Exxon Mobil
- Heap Leach Facilities
- Pit Dewatering
- Tailings Impoundments
- Open Pit Design
- Tailings Deposition
- Soil & Rock Stability
- Infrastructure Planning
- Water Management
- Insurance Support
EA team members have provided design services and external review for over 20 mine sites worldwide.